Summer Institute Alumni News
WNU SI Alumni Winter Camp
Are you a WNU Summer Institute Alumnus? Do you want to further develop your international nuclear network and create new relationships with Alumni from across the years?
Apply today and join us at the unique WNU SI Alumni Winter Camp! You will have the opportunity to work on specially developed industry-relevant team projects, network with your peers, and present your ideas to a high-level panel of nuclear leaders.
- Venue: St Moritz, Switzerland
- Dates: 10 – 13 December 2022. We recommend arrival on the evening of December 9 to be ready to start the projects at 9 am on December 10.
- Places are limited and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis, with the goal of a broad distribution of Alumni across the years from 2005 to 2022
- Swissnuclear will sponsor accommodation and partial board, with priority being given to those currently employed in the Swiss nuclear sector (sponsorship excludes travel and out-of-pocket expenses).
- Deadline for applications: 16 October 2022
- Preparation work will be required to use our time at the Winter Camp fully.
The scale, complexity and urgency of today's global challenges call for increasingly responsive and responsible leadership. The nuclear industry needs leaders with the vision, values, character, and competencies to shape the future.
WNU programmes inspire action based on collaboration by bringing together future leaders from across the global industry. Our Alumni events further the lessons learnt at the Summer Institute, increase collaboration between cohorts and strengthen our exclusive and extensive network of highly qualified leaders working in the nuclear field.
This four-day programme will combine focused project work in carefully curated Working Groups and networking opportunities with peers from across the years, giving you the tools and the inspiration to lead the industry into the future.
What will be my role at WNU SI Alumni Winter Camp?
- Similar to your experience at the Summer Institute, you will be assigned to small, carefully curated groups of 8 - 10 Alumni. These groups will be announced on 1st November, and project topics will be assigned to maximise the group experience.
- You will be asked to start working on your project from 1st November. WNU team will organise two to three short video calls before the Winter Camp; you will be requested to join to:
- Begin the project work process
- Establish team structure
- Distribute and complete preparatory work
- Upon arrival at the Winter Camp, you will have access to appropriate rooms to work with your team. There will be specified working hours during which we ask all groups to work on their projects; additionally, you will also be expected to participate in a number of relevant lectures during the four days, as well as a variety of networking activities.
About the projects
The outcome of the projects will be a final presentation (7 slides maximum, 15 minutes) to senior leaders in the Swiss nuclear industry, who will provide feedback on your proposals. Project topics will be announced after the registration closes.
How does the swissnuclear sponsorship work?
Swissnuclear has generously provided sponsorship to facilitate cross-cohort Alumni networking. Priority will be given to those SI Alumni currently working in Switzerland to establish a strong bond between those working in the Swiss nuclear industry. Any remaining places will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Sponsorship will cover accommodation from 9 – 13 December and partial board. Alumni will be liable for one lunch and most dinners.
Sponsorship excludes transport, insurance, alcoholic beverages, or private activities. We will not be able to reimburse you for out-of-pocket expenses.
What if plans change and I am unable to make it?
We understand that plans sometimes change. As with any other work commitment, if you are unable to attend, please give as much notice as possible to allow us to ensure the teams are appropriately distributed, and resources are used to the fullest.